1. The affairs of the association shall be managed by a Board of three elected executives and four elected directors. The election of directors will be by show of hands; unless a ballot is demanded by any member or by resolution of the directors.
2. Each director shall be elected to hold office for a term of two years up to and including the second annual meeting after he/she shall have been elected or until a successor shall have been duly elected and qualified. If a vacancy is caused in the board of directors by death, resignation, or any other cause, the existing board shall have authority to maintain a full board by appointment of fully accredited association members to the board of directors.
3. Every director shall attend 75% of all directors’ meetings and shall not miss more than two (2) consecutive meetings between annual meetings. If this condition is not met, unless good cause is shown, a replacement will be appointed by the existing Board of Directors to serve in the director’s place as stated above. In each of the aforementioned cases, the replacement shall serve out the term of the replaced officer.
4. Meetings of the board of directors, unless earlier resolved, may be held on not less than seven (7) days’ notice at such time and at such place as the president or Board may decide, with the exception of a directors’ meeting immediately following the Annual Meeting.
5. Any (3) directors present at any directors’ meeting shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
6. Money expenditures other than current expenses shall be voted upon by no less than four (4) directors.
7. Each director shall be entitled to one vote at all meetings of the Board of Directors, and in the event of a tie, the chairman shall have the casting vote.
8. The secretary does not have an official vote. This is a paid appointment position.
9. Directors shall receive no remuneration for acting as such.
10. There shall be: a President, a Vice-President, a Treasurer and a Secretary/Bulletin-editor.
The President, Vice-President and Treasurer shall be elected at the Annual Meeting. Any Association member, whether serving a term or not, is eligible for one of these posts. One half of the four directors shall be replaced at each Annual meeting. Each director may serve on the executive for a maximum of six (6) years, whereupon he must remain out of the executive for a minimum of two (2) years.
The President and Vice-President will be elected alternate years to preserve the continuity of the organization (see addition to By-Laws as amended on November 19, 1988).
11. The President shall:
complimentary (free) membership (see By-Laws amendment, January17, 1988).
12. Two of the following MUST sign each Association cheques
13. If the President is unable or absent, his/her duties and powers are to be exercised by the Vice-President. In the event that both are absent, the directors shall choose an acting chairman from among the directors.
14. The Secretary/Bulletin-editor shall be the clerk of the Association and its Board of Directors. The Secretary shall attend all meetings of the Association and record all facts and minutes of the proceedings in the books kept for that purpose. The secretary shall give all notices required, to members and directors, of general meetings, directors meetings and special meetings.
15. The Treasurer shall:
16. Membership in the Association shall be open to anyone who keeps or breeds birds, or is interested in the aims and objectives of the Association.
17. The annual membership fees shall be $20.00 per member (see by-law amendment, November 16, 2002). Associate membership fee shall be $10.00 (associate membership is immediate family at same address).
18. Fees can be changed by unanimous vote of the Board of Directors and approval by a majority vote of the members at the Annual meeting or at a special general meeting called for this purpose.
19. The membership fees shall be due and payable the fifteenth (15th) day of November of each year. If any member shall be in default in payment of fees for a thirty (30) day period, the membership will cease, but any member may, on payment of all unpaid fees, be re-instated.
20. Any member may resign at any time by twenty-one (21) days written notice addressed to the Secretary/Bulletin-editor. Any director may resign at any time by twenty-one (21) days’ notice addressed to the Secretary/Bulletin-editor and at the following General Meeting reconsideration will be requested. If negative, new nomination will be asked for by the President. If positive, the letter of resignation will be declared void.
21. The Annual meeting of the Association shall be held on the third Sunday in August in each year at such time and place as the Board of Directors may decide (see By-Laws amendment, August 18, 2013). The financial year of the Association shall end on the 31st day of October in each year.
22. Each member shall receive at least seven (7) days’ notice of regular meetings and at least ten (10) days’ notice of special meetings.
23. Any of three (3) Directors present at any regular or special meeting shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
24. The Board of Directors shall appoint two (2) of its members to choose a qualified accountant to audit the financial books of the Association.
25. The By-Laws may be repealed or amended by a majority vote of the members present at the Annual meeting or any special general meeting called for that purpose.
26. A maximum of $1500.00 will be sent per annum for importing birds from outside of the Eastern Bird Breeder Association area.
1. January 17, 1988, addition to item 11,
2. November 19, 1988, addition to item 10,
3. November 16, 1989, addition of item 26
4. November 16, 2002,
5. January 14, 2006,
6. May 26, 2013
Copyright © 2020 Eastern Bird Breeders Association - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder